Friday, December 2, 2011

Molinia arundinacea 'Zuneigung' és 'Karl Foerster'

Tomorrow I want to cut back the perennials and the herbs at least in the upper part of the garden, so today I made a quick last picture of it.


In the middle there is a Molinia arundinacea 'Zuneigung'. I have just checked back – this is possible with Gaissmayer –, I ordered it from them in the spring of 2008. At that time it came in a 11 cm pot. In Hungary unfortunately you cannot buy this sort, but the 'Karl Foerster' – which is not this bending, but equally beautiful – is cultivated both by Hegede and Mocsáry nurseries. You may want to try it in any garden with at least as much irrigation that the soil never gets dry for a long period in the summer.

2 comments:

scottweberpdx said...

I LOVE that Molinia...I must find some for my garden, just stunning form...and that color!

Templom Kata said...

It is worth to have a look at Gaissmayer, they are selling so many wonderful grasses – the breeds by Ernst Pagel, for example – which are difficult to obtaion in Britain (and are much cheaper than the British nurseries).

Merry Christmas! – Kata