Saturday, July 31, 2010

Flower bed in front of the house

This is the bed we see from our window.

On this place stood the old cabin we dismantled when we finished building our house. It was a rather exciting undertaking, as it stood hardly a half meter away from the new house.

I wanted to plant something really beautiful on the place of the ruins. However, this place is so difficult that I have been toiling with it for fourteen years.

The soil is pure sand. It is quite shady, but at noon it gets full sun.

This is where I am at this moment.

This is the point, the bench under the Turkish hazel tree, from where I usually watch it.

4 comments:

BRYN said...

oo la la...I ATTRIBUTE ALL THE PROGRESS THAT I'VE MADE ON OUR GARDENS THIS YEAR TO YOUR INSPIRATION...THANK YE MUCHLY...

Templom Kata said...

I'm really happy about it! Wish you a blessed & beautiful Summer.

Sue said...

Lovely garden, very nice!

Templom Kata said...

Thank you, Sue! Your garden is very nice too.