Sunday, November 22, 2009

Autumn - Images for gift 1

This week it was often still so warm that I could sit and pray in the garden. Once I sat down on a stone from where I could watch the leaves of the oakleaf hortensia turned to purple. Then I thought about what a wonderful Christmas present it would be to compose an image with these shades of purple. And I have composed it like this:


You can print it in A4 size at 300 dpi. Of course also in smaller and larger size, but in the latter case the resolution – and thus the quality – of the image will be less. Have a try, and tell me how it came.

I will also publish some more printable-size compositions in the future. Even before Christmas if I will have time.

The plants on the picture are:
Left side column: on the top a Bergenia, in the middle an autumn-colored leaf of a Paeonia, on the bottom the fruit of Viburnum rhytidophyllum.
Central column: on the top an Euonymus hamiltonianus 'Indian Summer', and below it, in order, a Sorbus 'Titan', a Hosta leaf, one more Euonymus hamiltonianus 'Indian Summer', and a rose leaf in autumn colors.
Right side column: top and bottom: Paeonia leaves in autumn colors, and in the middle a Persicaria amplexicaulis 'Firetail'.

No comments: