Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bouquet, April 15, 2008

Unfortuntely this picture does not reflect the sublime purple shades of the flowers. The Nikon I use for taking pictures distorts every picture towards blue, and I cannot find out how I could induce it to render the colors like they are in the reality. If anyone knows it I would be grateful if he would let me know.

This bouquet is based on Bergenias. Unfortunately I do not know their botanical name, as I purchased them from a number of sources, and I suspect that they are just noname seedlings. Nevertheless I find their various tones very appealing. Purple tulip (Negrita) and hyacinth (Woodstock) – much more purple in the reality. In the background, a white-speckled Siberian cornel (Cornus alba 'Sibirica Variegata'), a wine red leaved forest spurge (Euphorbia amygdaloides 'Purpurea') and a Fritillaria uva-vulpis.

No comments: